borrowing from the Troy campus
RPI Hartford students also have access to print books on the Troy campus.
To search for books in the Folsom Library catalog at Troy:
- Once you are in the catalog, select Troy Campus Collection from the pulldown menu.
- You can do this before you search, or after you have searched the Hartford collection.
- If you see a title you would like to borrow, contact the library by phone at (860) 548-2490 or (800) 433-4723 x2490 or by e-mail to email@example.com and we will place a hold on the item for you. Folsom Library in Troy will UPS the book to us and we will notify you when it comes in. Please note that you are unable to place a hold on an item in the Troy library yourself.
- Books: no fines
- Overdue items: items more than 10 days overdue are considered missing and borrowing privileges suspended. A replacement bill is generated one month after the due date. Unpaid bills may prevent graduation.
- Reserve materials: $2.00 per day per item
The library may occasionally need to recall a loaned item:
- Materials needed for course reserve may be recalled at any time.
- Materials needed by someone else are recalled 28 days or later from date of original loan.
- Replacement costs are billed for recalled loans not returned within specified time period.
Faculty can ask the library to put items on reserve.
When choosing a loan period, please consider:
- How long students will need to review the reserve items.
- Number of students in your class.
- Fines are two dollars per day per item for late materials.
Submit lists of reserve materials to the library, with loan periods, four weeks before the beginning of each term. Submit lists by e-mail to Linda Knaack .
Please specify how long you would like students to borrow the items. Examples of loan periods:
- 2 hours (in library)
- 1 day (overnight)
- 2 days
- 1 week
If you wish to change a loan period, whether for a particular student or permanently, please e-mail Linda Knaack or call the library at (860)548-2490 or (800)433-4723 x2490.